Thursday, July 24, 2014

Today, You Are Two

Dearest Derek,

Today, you are two years old, and your little brother is six months old. As you always say when something is either wonderful or overwhelming, "Wow!"

Nana is shaking her head at how quickly time passes. On Saturday, there will be a party for you, and you will open lots of presents and eat cake! I wonder if you will get the frosting all over your face, like you did last year?

I am looking forward to seeing you, and I am bringing you a gift that your Mama said you would especially like. I hope you do! But I know you will love the one she has for you, Derek. How disappointed I was when I saw that it had disappeared from the wish list! Then she told me she was the one who had it, so everything is fine. If anyone gives you a gift that will be your favorite, it should be you own Mama and Dada.

No, I can't tell you what it is. I don't want to spoil the surprise, but I am sure looking forward to seeing your eyes light up when you see it!

Happy birthday, darling boy,
Your Own Nana

No comments:

Post a Comment